Brief: Develop new marketing initiatives and implement marketing communications. Increase awareness of the consumer brand and strengthen its market position.
Town Talk Polish is a British manufacturer of high-end cleaning products, designed for jewellery, metals and household cleaning. Based in Bolton, Lancashire, Town Talk is now a family owned business that has operated since 1895. It holds the Royal Warrant for its silver cleaning products and exports to over 40 countries worldwide.
In the UK, Town Talk predominantly deals with the professional trade: jewellery and watch manufacturers, retailers and silversmiths. The company’s ability to manufacture bespoke, own-brand polishing cloths is a unique strength and it counts some of the world’s best-known jewellery brands as customers. However, awareness of its Town Talk Polish consumer products was, until recently, less established. To stimulate demand, I was involved in the following projects, over the course of two years:
- rebrand of the Town Talk Polish range
- development of the brand tone of voice and key messages
- international trade shows (press releases and media management)
- e-commerce website development: planning, design and writing content for strong search engine optimisation
- establishing UK social media accounts and content management, and aligning messages with Singapore and USA agents
- database management for GDPR compliance
- e-newsletters for trade and consumer audiences, introducing the team to the MailChimp system
- monitoring trademark infringements
As a precision manufacturer, Town Talk is meticulous about detail. The complex chemical makeup of some of the products means that user safety is paramount. Consequently, very careful planning and control of copy and content was required in all marketing communications. Clear user instructions and unambiguous descriptions were key to safety and managing expectations of a product’s performance
Introducing Town Talk Polish to marketing initiatives, such as an e-commerce website, social media and e-newsletters, has helped the business grow its reach in the UK consumer market. Whilst it was exciting to be part of the rebrand development, it was particularly satisfying to provide the team with a suite of marketing tools to adopt and manage in-house.
With consumer products rebadged and the e-commerce website showing over 300% revenue growth, Town Talk Polish is well on its way to achieving its objectives.
“Town Talk Silver Polishing Cloths also work wonders on cleaning silver flutes, trumpets and cornets – in fact any silver instrument. Wipe away fingerprints and polish to a shine, ready for a sparkling performance!“