Brief: Marketing assistance for Huddersfield estate agent, Jowett Chartered Surveyors
Amid the rise of online estate agents, one independent agent in Huddersfield asked for help to strengthen its residential sales and letting position.
Jowett Chartered Surveyors was founded in 2009 by Chris Jowett – a Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)-affiliated surveyor. With such experience and talent at its helm, it was decided that this should be a driving USP in Jowett’s marketing campaigns.
The company’s visual brand identity was also confused: inconsistent signage, mismatched stationery and an outdated online presence was diluting the firm’s market position. I conducted competitor research and marketing SWOT analysis and, together, we agreed on a number of areas for improvement:
- to promote the specialist skills and expertise within the Jowett team, including surveying, probate and valuation accuracy
- to demonstrate the professional, personable culture, e.g. no costly gimmicks and immense local knowledge
- to create a suite of stationery and marketing collateral, including new signage
- to launch a website with full content management, with copy that maximises search engine optimisation
- to use online adverts on key partner sites, e.g. Rightmove
- to design leaflet and advert templates for promoting key brand messages and offers
- to plan for leaflet drops in key locations
Once the above was implemented, the reins of the marketing communications plan were passed over to Jowett.
Today, Jowett continues to trade as a small independent and attracts scores of new customers against competition from national estate agency brands. Its strengthened position attracts Huddersfield residents and tenants looking for their next home move.