Brief: Support the team at Town Talk Polish in Bolton, Lancashire to develop new marketing initiatives and implement marketing communications. Increase awareness of the consumer brand and strengthen its market position.
Town Talk Polish is a British manufacturer of high-end cleaning products designed for jewellery, metals and household cleaning. Based in Bolton, Lancashire, Town Talk is a family owned business that has operated since 1895. It holds the Royal Warrant for its silver cleaning products and exports to over 40 countries worldwide.
In the UK, Town Talk predominantly deals with the professional trade – jewellery and watch manufacturers, retailers and silversmiths etc. The company’s ability to manufacture bespoke, own-brand polishing cloths for others is a unique strength and it counts some of the world’s best-known jewellery brands as customers. However, awareness of its Town Talk Polish branded consumer products was less established. To stimulate demand from consumers for the Town Talk range, I was involved in the following projects over the course of two years:
- rebrand of the Town Talk range
- development of the brand tone of voice and key messages
- international exhibitions (press releases and media management)
- e-commerce website developement, including online content creation and search engine optimisation
- establishing UK social media accounts and content management, including aligning messages with Singapore and USA markets
- database management for GDPR compliance
- e-newsletters for trade and consumer audiences
- monitoring trademark infringments
As a precision manufacturer, Town Talk is meticulous about detail. The complex chemical makeup of some of the products means that user safety is paramount. Consequently, very careful planning and control of content was required in all marketing communications Clear user instructions and unambiguous descriptions were key to managing expectations of a product’s performance
Introducing Town Talk Polish to marketing initiatives, such as an e-commerce website, social media and e-newsletters, has helped the business grow its reach in the UK consumer market. Whilst it was exciting to part of the rebrand development, it was particularly satisfying to provide the team with a suite of marketing tools to adopt and manage in-house. With consumer products rebadged and the e-commerce website showing over 300% revenue growth, Town Talk Polish is well on its way to achieving its objectives.